Wood is a natural and beautiful product, every board/veneer cut and hand finished will have its own unique grain pattern and tone of colour. Pictures shown are a representation of the product on offer and not the actual product you will be purchasing. I will of course make and send something to you that is equally as beautiful and unique in every way.
Wood is a natural material and is known for its natural ability to move over time.
Here are a few simple guidelines which will allow you to care for your product on a day to day basis.
Timber Chopping Board Care Information:
1. Do not submerge/soak the board in water or use in dishwasher after use, wipe with a warm damp cloth only
2. A drop of washing up liquid on a warm damp cloth should remove any minor marks from the surface of the timber.
3. Do not place rough, hot, wet and dirty pots and pans on the boards surface as contact from steel, copper, iron etc vessels can burn or stain the wood.
4. Over time natural woods can become worn and dry even with the most careful of use. Lightly sanding the boards surface will remove light scratches and stains, for more serious blemishes use 100-150 grit abrasive paper and work in the direction of the grain only to gently sand the damage out. Take care not to sand deeper or farther than is necessary. The chopping boards natural timber colour will start to come back when a food safe, natural plant oil is used to re-seal the surface.
Veneer Bowl Care Information:
1. Do not submerge/soak the bowl in water or use in dishwasher after use, wipe with a warm damp cloth only
2. A drop of washing up liquid on a warm damp cloth should remove any minor marks from the surface of the veneer.
Caring for your product properly will make sure you keep the natural beauty of the timber and veneers maintained for many years to come.